October 5, 2010

Reflux Sucks!!!

Twinkle Toes has been really battling with reflux lately.  Now, I realize this is a common preemie issue but geez, is it ever heartbreaking.  I feel so darn helpless when she has an episode!

I have had to use the blue bulb syringe more times than I can or care to count!  The scream is what clues me in.  Then you see white, bubbly spit coming from her mouth and sometimes, during really bad episodes, from her nose, which mean that her nasal cannula at times will have the saliva/mucus in it!

These episodes/attacks occur at all hours of the day!  They are just so heartwrenching, that at times, I'm crying with her.  Ugh, it's just awful.

At her last doctor appointment, she was put on Zantac to help reduce the acid in her tummy but of course it doesn't prevent the attacks.  We had been adding Rice Cereal to her breastmilk bottles but that made her so constipated, so we are now trying Oatmeal Cereal.

Hopefully, she'll grow out of these issues, very, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...