October 4, 2010

Breast Milk Mixologist

Yes, that's right!  You can call me the Breast Milk Mixologist.

Nearly every feeding that Twinkle Toes gets is breast milk via a bottle.  It's not due to nipple confusion; quite the contrary!  It's due to the fact that we need to have her gain weight so we have to increase the calories of breast milk by adding formula to her bottles.

Now, yes at times, like late at night and sometimes during the day, while I'm still on Maternity Leave, I will nurse her but I'm only "allowed" (per the pedi.) to nurse her up to 3 times a day! 

Not only do I add formula to the breast milk but due to the reflux we are also adding Oatmeal cereal to the bottles.  Her morning bottles also include a drop of Vitamin D and her daily Iron dosage.

So there you have it - why I call myself the Breast Milk Mixologist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...